“A special thanks to Mr Remy Leon, parisian jeweler for three generations, for taking time to receive us. It was a pleasure to discover him and his family company. The brand opened a store in 2006 at Rue de la Paix. Let yourself be carried away by the world of high-end jewelry where the stone is queen”.
Through this interview, he shares with us his personality and tells us a bite about his path in the sector.”
1. Could you describe in a few words what Lery is?
Lery is an artisanal family company. Our mission is to provide excellence in the craftsmanship and the quality of precious stars on jewelry.
We have a lot of clients coming from abroad and they need jewelry pieces in a very short amount of time. Our business is based on emotion, surprises and quick decisions, we makes their dreams come true.
2. What are the origins of the brand?
It’s a family company within three generation of jewelers.
Before second hand pieces to understand and practice jewelry technics based on the French know-how, and in 2006, we decided to open our store. ????? The opening of Lery as a jeweler on rue de la paix has a taught process. Before 2006, we had a workshop working for Rue de la Paix’s brands.
3. You are jeweler and it’s a family heritage. Your grandfather was a jeweler as well as your father, your sister and you are yourself. Has it always been a passion? How was transmitted this precious heritage?
It has always been a passion! I had the opportunity to discover other fields but jewelry has always been in my blood. When I was young, I used to visit my father at his workshop and spend time there. He used to let us “select” the stones… my little boy eyes shone.
4. Lery is located on rue de la Paix. Was it important for you to be located on this very unique street? And why?
I have a very high and luxurious image of jewelry. In the luxury world, a jewel has its place on its own. For example, a purse cannot be luxury, whereas the jewel has it in itself as a statement, a very emotional and timeless statement.
Rue de la Paix is THE Parisian Jewelry street by itself. Luxury is not about price but excellence, an experience that you live as the most emotional stage of your life. What is best than Rue de la Paix to express it as a location?
5. You are considered as one of the niche top Parisian jeweler. What makes Lery unique and what makes your clientele so loyal to your brand?
Lery is known for unique pieces of jewelry. The pieces we offer are a one piece, not a series of it. We select very carefully the stones, we look at origins and purity.
The sales person at Lery are call Jeweler specialist, they know every step of the creation process and the origin of the stones. As well as our designers, who are in front of the clients to understand their desires and make them come true. We look on the high quality of the craftsmanship, and we know very well our clients and their family. Our goal is the services and the pleasure to please them.
6. Who is the clientele of Lery?
A lot of engaged happy people, we also celebrate birth and wedding anniversary. As for the foreign, we have the ones that get engaged in the most beautiful city in the world, Paris. Some others are looking for a unique Parisian jewelry to buy and wear as a prestige souvenir.
7. What is the piece of jewelry that is the symbol of Lery?
What we are selling the most is definitely our engagement ring. But among this, we have la ot of different pieces.
What makes us unique are also our precious stone of Haute Joaillerie.
8. What is the next step for Lery? Where do you see the concept in 10 years?
In 10 years, I would love to see Lery using more modern technology but always keep our French know how in craftsmanship. Also, we are thinking of making Lery global, providing our French know how, services and excellence at the services of other cultures.
9. If Lery were an animal, which one would it be?
A Lion, for his presence and royalty. The excellence of this animal represents perfectly the DNA of our brand.
10. Is there anyone that you take as a mentor?
Steve Jobs, because he paid special attention to details and this is what make excellence, nothing left unprepared.
We don’t reinvent jewelry but we innovate to get closer and closer to the perfection. To achieve it, two things are indispensable: discretion and preparation.
11. What character, dead or alive, real or imaginary, would you like to have as client?
I would say Casanova or Don Juan, and of course Louis XIV.
12. If Lery was a piece of jewelry, what would it be?
An heritage jewel..
13. Which quotation do you take as mantra in life?
“When you start something, work for it and you will get it”
14. If you were to anticipate the end of your career book, which would be a good epilogue?
“They had many children and were very happy”. I consider myself as a little piece of a big story.