SPACESUIT – DESIGN VOTE
The spacesuits designed by the Nasa are called : “Z series”. This year and for the first time, the Nasa opens an online vote to choose the next spacesuits : the NASA Z-2. You have the choice between three outfits. Most exciting, the Z-2 marks several milestones for NASA:
- First surface-specific planetary mobility suit to be tested in full vacuum
- First use of 3D human laser scans and 3D-printed hardware for suit development and sizing
- Most advanced use of impact resistant composite structures on a suit upper and lower torso system
- First integration of the suit-port concept with a hard upper torso suit structure
- Most conformal and re-sizeable hard upper torso suit built to date
Hurry up, you have until the 15th of April to vote on this website.